Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Final Reflection

What were some valuable things you learned this semester?

This course allowed me to reflect on what I do know when it comes to technology. I can finally be confident in myself when it came to technology. What I really like about this class was that we got to learn about a lot of the information and meaning behind the clicks and the pretty websites. It was way interesting to learn about html and how it transfers into pictures, words, videos, etc. I especially feel that learning how to embed things will be particularly useful in my life.

What are some technologies that you think you might use in an actual teaching setting?

After doing our video project (which I did on the french culture) I actually used that same culture video in my French 311 class presentation. The great thing about being able to create a video with teacher voice-over, and clips and photos from other sources, is that the students can be watching and hearing the correct way to speak french. It is cementing how the language is supposed to sound, in their brains.

What things do you feel you understand better now than you did at the beginning of the semester?

I personally feel more safe using the internet now. It was really great to learn about how to keep myself protected from viruses, and other types of intrusions. I now update my browser, and use a less widely used browser than before. (I switched to Google Chrome.) I feel like in general, I am more confident in myself and feel that I can figure out things that I need to accomplish via technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment